This special ale is filled with the festive flavour of Christmas, cherries, spices and good cheer. Delicious with a piece of your favourite Christmas cake.
1 can Blackrock nut brown ale. (Yeast under the lid)
1 Can Blackrock light unhopped light malt extract.
2 Cans Cherries in Heavy Syrup
3 Cups Honey
2.5 Teaspoons Ground Ginger
1.5 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1/4 Teaspoon Fresh Ground Cloves
1 Teaspoon Pure Almond Extract
- Thoroughly clean and sterilise all equipment
- Remove the plastic cap and yeast enclosed under the cap of the Blackrock Nut Brown ale malt extract.
- Stand both cans of malt extract in hot water for 10 minutes to soften contents.
- Purée the fruit in a blender or food processor and set aside to add to brew later.
- Place approximately 2 litres of water into a clean saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from heat and add the honey, stir well. Then mix in ginger,cinnamon,ground cloves and almond extract.
- Add the contents of the saucepan to the contents of 2 cans of malt extract in your fermenter and dissolve.
- Add pureed fruit and stir vigorously. Then make up to volume to 23 litres with cold water, making sure the final temperature is between 18 and 28 degrees celcius.
- Open the yeast package, sprinkle yeast over the surface of the liquid and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir vigorously again, then screw the lid on with the airlock(half-filled with boiled and cooled water).
- Ferment for a minimum of 2 weeks between 18 to 28 degrees celcius.
- For bottling follow the steps outlined on the back of your tin of Blackrock Malt extract.
- Best results allow to secondary ferment for a minimum of 6 weeks.